Thursday May 28th 2020, 9am – 5pm
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn some basics about Matlab/Octave.
The lecture is given in French by Prof. Ales Janka and Richard Baltensperger.
Matlab and Octave are powerful mathematics-oriented syntax with built-in plotting and visualization tools. This lecture offers an introduction to Matlab/Octave. Through practical exercises the participants will experiment the basic rules of this language and use the main tools for the scientific data analysis (graphical representation, numerical and statistical analysis, basic GUI).
The outline of the course is the following:
- Introduction to the Matlab/Octave language.
- Introduction to the Matlab/Octave syntax through practical examples
- Graphical representation
- Data importation and analysis (fit, statistical tools)
- Numerical resolution of differential equations
Script with basic commands and practical exercises
- The participants will bring their own laptop. (Contact us if it is not possible)
- The maximum number of participants is 18.
- the participation fee is 500 CHF / 400 CHF for Swiss Engineering-section Fribourg members